The Quinte Regional Minor Hockey Association
is seeking a qualified candidate to act as Coach Mentor
and assist with the development of minor hockey coaches for the 2017/18 season.
Quinte Red Devils AAA - Coach Mentor
The Quinte Regional Minor Hockey Association (Quinte Red Devils AAA) is seeking a qualified candidate to act as Coach Mentor and assist with the development of minor hockey coaches for the 2017/18 season. The proposed position is initially for one season, with the potential to extend on a year by year basis
subject to the success in the position and QRMHA Board approval.
Duties will include:
- First and foremost provide a progressive learning environment for players, coaches and the families of QRMHA
- Assist with selection of coaches for all Quinte Red Devil teams from Novice to Major Midget
- Facilitate coach introductory meeting at the beginning of the season
- Provide guidance in accordance with Hockey Canada Skills Development Model
- Provide assistance as required with teaching the skills to minor hockey coaches
- Long term player development especially with the younger age groups.
- Follow up evaluations on coaches and coaching staff during games and practices
- Work closely with VP of Hockey Operations to arrange specialty clinics
- Provide monthly progress reports to the VP of Hockey Operations and QRMHA Board of Directors by attending monthly board meetings
- Facilitate a positive working relationship with all coaches
- Initiate and help facilitate seminars with local AHL club for educational purposes: ( special teams, breakouts, etc)
- Promote and encourage positive and proper etiquette regarding coach behaviour.
- Familiar with Quinte Red Devils constitutional bylaws and policies
- Coach mentor will engage with dispute resolution only after initial steps have been taken (i.e parent contacts coach if problems arises, if not able to resolve, coach mentor will assist if needed)
- Salary and hours of engagement to be discussed
- High Performance Coaching Certificate (or willing to obtain after hire)
- Up to date police criminal record check
- Speak out or Respect in Sport Coach and Parent certification
- Strong Communication Skills
- Extensive hockey coaching background, with emphasis on skill development
- Played or coached hockey at a high level
- The ability to establish a mentorship role with coaches at all levels
- Demonstrate a strong interest and personal commitment to coaching and development of coaches and players
- Personal and Professional attributes will be strongly considered in the areas of being, open minded, respectful, non-confrontational, able to have difficult conversations, accept feedback as well as give feedback in relation to improving hockey operations and have the ability to manage conflict at all levels.
- Provide guidance to Major Bantam/Minor Midget programs entering their draft years and what to expect.
- Expectations to provide feedback to the board and willingness to accept support from the Board
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Hockey Operations
Please email resume and references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday June 12, 2017