Important Information for Parent and Players - please read this before the start of tryouts.
Quinte Red Devils Prep Skates and Tryouts - September 2022
(U10, U11, U12, & U13)
Important Information for Parent and Players
Prep and Tryout Skates
- After the Prep Skates are completed, the actual tryout skates begin.
- Following the 2nd Tryout date, skates are by coach invitation only. At this point, players may be:
(a) offered a spot on the team,
(b) given the opportunity to continue the tryout process,
(c) be released.
(If a player is released they may ask for a waiver which will allow them the opportunity to tryout in an adjacent AAA centre.)
- The cost for the invitation skates is $25 per skate. In past seasons a representative of QRMHA collected cash at each skate, but now it will be done with e-transfers.
(Send the $25 e-transfer to [email protected] (This is the same email account that the tryout registration fees were sent to.)
Please make sure to include the players name, age group (ie U10, U11, U12, U13), and the date in the e-transfer message line.)
Signing an Offer of Commitment
- When a player is selected to the team, the player and parent will be given an “Offer of Committment” form which must be signed and returned. At this point a number of additional actions must happen so that rosters can be completed fairly quickly.
(a) The first registration instalment must be paid. The amount is $600 and it should be sent to [email protected] (Again, please make sure to include the players name, age group and the date in the e-transfer message line.)
b) Register with QRMHA on the Hockey Canada Registry. (Instructions for this process are on the QRD website under the “For Parents” tab. (Registering with Hockey Canada must be done before a player can be put on a roster.)
(c) The on-line QRMHA Code of Conduct must be completed. It can be found on the QRD website as well, under the “About” tab. There are a number of versions of the Code of Conduct, and there are simple instructions for completing it on the website.
5. Registration fees are paid in 3 instalments of $600, $800 & $800 paid during the first 3 months of the season. Registration fees cover the following:
(a) Ice costs for the organization for the season.
(b) Regular Development sessions throughout the season with professional instructors.
(c) All OMHA/OHF/Hockey Canada fees and assessments.
(d) Two on-ice testing sessions with Game Ready Testing.
(e) Honoraria paid to coaches and non-parent trainers.
(f) All administrative and overhead expenses of the organization.
Team Expense (Fundraising)
6. Teams are responsible for paying tournament entry fees and expenses, coach travel expenses, and all team expenses.